Monday, December 8

Christmas Downtown

Since the weather has been so unseasonably warm, we decided we had better take advantage of it, and take the girls downtown to see the christmas lights.
Emma has been asking for some time if we could take a ride on a train, so we thought this would be a good chance to take tracks.

It ended up being a very good idea because when we got downtown the BYU vs. Utah State basketball game was about to start at the Arena, and the amount of cars and people were insane.

Madison didn't want to sit still, she was so excited not to be strapped in.
Emma said when she got on the train, "I don't know these people," I don't know what she was expecting, but she had a good time.
We ate dinner at Gateway, and went to see santa, but we got there just as he was leaving.
Good thing Santa is all over the valley.
We then walked to the Mormon Temple to see the Nativity Scene.
There were so many people we could hardly walk around.
Emma didn't seem as interested in the lights as I thought she would.
This picture is when she is looking at the fountain,
she was more excited about that then the lights.

Madison fell asleep for most of the walk, but was very content.
We then walked down the street to the Gallivan Center ice rink is.
(we were really going down there because there is a Starbucks there, but it had just closed).
Emma was excited to see the "dancers". We looked at some more lights, caught the train, and came home. We all had so much fun!

5 comments:

Cyd said...

Oh man! Forget Santa, I would have been so bummed about the Starbucks being closed! I heard the crowds were up with the warmer temperatures. I guess you either have to take the crowds or the cold weather. The train is SO the way to go when your going to see the lights because it just adds to the adventure for the kids. That was funny what Emma said about not knowing the people on the train. LOL

Unknown said...

It looks like you all had so much fun. What a fun cheap family fun. Good idea to ride the train. Much better then parking.

Stacey Watson said...

Love your blog! It was great to see you guys today. Have a wonderful Christmas and I'm sure I'll see you next year! Keep in touch. Stacey

Stacey Watson said...

Did I know you were friends with Shauntelle Anderson? It's such a small world! She is my very good friend's sister in law!

tamie said...

Stacey, I can't get to your blog, it says it isn't public.

Shauntelle and I were best friends in high school.